Coordinator Certification Onsite
You will learn
This Airport Security Coordinator Certification Onsite course focuses on aviation security and the many roles of the Airport Security Coordinator (ASC) and is designed to prepare individuals to perform the functions of the ASC as required by 49 CFR 1542.3. Upon completion of this course students will be familiar with the Airport Security Plan (ASP) as well as the regulations that govern airport security. The Airport Security Coordinator Certification Online includes an overview of the history of aviation security, working functions of the agencies with security responsibilities, an understanding of why information is restricted, the purpose of the Airport Security Program, and specific instruction in the functions of the Airport Security Coordinator (ASC) position. Emphasis is placed on the Code of Federal Regulations Title 1542, 1544, 1546, 1548 and 1550 and the effects of security directives for the airport and airport partners.
The Airport Security Coordinator Certification Online course covers:
- The working functions of the TSA and the role of the Airport Operator
- Why information is restricted
- The purpose and operational importance of the ASP
- The ASC requirements in emergency and irregular operations
- How to develop action procedures for security operations
- How to audit compliance with the ASP
- The liaison role with law enforcement on behalf of the carrier
This is a 1-day, instructor-led workshop. Student knowledge is guided though a mixture of lecture, interactive discussion, practical exercises and scenario resolution concerning current topics within aviation. Upon successful completion of the course, students will receive a Certificate of Completion for their airport training file.
Contact us to discuss hosting a course at your facility today.
Who Should Attend?
- Security Managers / Directors
- Badging Office Managers
- Badging Specialists