Aircraft Rescue & Fire Fighting is a highly specialized area of the fire and emergency services. Maintaining your ARFF team’s readiness can potentially save lives. And staying compliant can avoid potential fines. The SSi ARFF Consulting Team will perform a full ARFF review at your airport. We will assist your airport by providing an in-depth review of your ARFF and emergency services department. During our ARFF consulting engagement with your airport SSi will make organizational, operational and equipment recommendations utilizing our 4 Phase process approach; compile, review, recommend, and deliver.
- Evaluate equipment, facilities, staffing, and training
- Review your Airport Emergency Plan and FAA reviews
- Evaluate your existing ARFF training program
- Interview pertinent ARFF personnel including mutual aid
- Tour all airport facilities and ARFF station
- Post Recommendations Follow-up
Coordinate with Airport/ARFF group to obtain all available documents and information necessary. SSi reviews the current status of contracts, procedures, and any specific agreements.
The SSi ARFF consulting team will perform the airport site visit to evaluate the current efficacy of in-place operations. The analysis will include equipment, staffing, training and the overall organizational structure of the ARFF team. The evaluation will include mutual aid operations if applicable.
We will evaluate the information gathered and make recommendations necessary to achieve the goals and objectives of the ARFF/Airport personnel. Recommendations will address city, state and federal requirements to maximize current efficiency and effectiveness with available resources and meet advisories for mitigating any deficiencies.
The SSi ARFF consulting team will plan on another onsite visit to present the findings of the evaluation and the recommendations for the ARFF program moving forward.
EFO / CMF / ARFF SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT
Dennis received his Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from North Texas State University and his Associate’s Degree in Fire Protection Technology from Tarrant County College. He is also a graduate of the National Fire Academy Executive Fire Officer Program.
He possesses over three decades of Aircraft Rescue Fire Fighting experience, with over forty years in the Fire Service. Currently Dennis is serving as principal consultant and instructor for W.A.M.D.I. Aviation which draws upon experience from Law Enforcement, Fire Protection, and Emergency Medical Services serving in management and instructor capacities.
He served as Division Commander (Assistant Chief) for Aircraft Fire Rescue Division and Career Development Divisions for the Department of Public Safety at DFW Airport. Responsibilities included managing divisional budgets of $1.8 million and $800,000 respectively. Dennis was responsible for fire response operations and planning. As Career Development Manager, he was responsible for supervising staff in meeting state training requirements in areas of Law Enforcement, Fire Protection, and Emergency Medical Services.
Dennis acted as the ARFF Training Consultant for the American Association of Airport Executives for nine years.
Dennis acted as an ARFF Curriculum Committee member for Texas Commission on Fire Protection as well as Consultant/Instructor for Aerospace Services International Inc. He is a Certified Master Firefighter, Master ARFF Firefighter, and Master Fire Instructor (including all Structural and ARFF firefighting curriculum). He received his Advanced Law Enforcement Certificate in Texas.
DIRECTOR OF SAFETY
Mr. Simpson has been in the aviation industry for over 27 years and holds a Safety Management Certificate from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. He has a diverse background in aviation safety and security, project management, corporate training, quality assurance, sales and marketing, and airline front-line operation and management, as well as collaboration with industry associations and government agencies. In 2009 he completed the Airports Council International Executive Leadership program (ACI AELP) taught in conjunction with the John Molson School of Business at Concordia University in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. His experience in aviation safety and security and numerous roles in airline operations has been utilized on training projects with airports in the USA, South Africa, Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica, St. Maarten, the United Arab Emirates, Hong Kong, and Korea.
Some of his duties and accomplishments include:
- Client services coordination for sales, marketing, training, budget planning, project management, payment reconciliation, communication, and quality assurance.
- Produced various training and compliance manuals for airlines and airports.
- Project Management for the development and design of Computer Based training systems at airports in the US.
- Development of training programs for Airports Council International’s Safety Certificate program and instruction of those courses at their Global Training Hub locations. Courses include: SMS Introduction, SMS Implementation, Airside Safety and Operations, Emergency Response and Crisis Management, Accident and Incident Investigations, Introduction to Annex 14, and Runway Incursion Awareness and Prevention.
- Created specific audit programs for airline operations to facilitate regular inspections by the FAA and TSA.
- Development of skills to train all levels of an airline, including front-line personnel, leadership, executives, and industry partners through continued education and coordination with industry associations, and the FAA, TSA, and other government agencies.
- Designed, coordinated, trained, and implemented safety and security programs including Mishap Investigation, Emergency Response, Behavioral Based Safety, Risk Management, System Safety, Aircraft Search audits, SIDA audits, Internal Self Audit Programs, and Safety Compliance Audits.