Scott Simpson has been in the aviation industry for over 27 years and holds a Safety Management Certificate from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. He has a diverse background in aviation safety and security, project management, corporate training, quality assurance, sales and marketing, and airline front-line operation and management, as well as collaboration with industry associations and government agencies. In 2009 he completed the Airports Council International Executive Leadership program (ACI AELP) taught in conjunction with the John Molson School of Business at Concordia University in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. His experience in aviation safety and security and numerous roles in airline operations has been utilized on training projects with airports in the USA, South Africa, Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica, St. Maarten, the United Arab Emirates, Hong Kong, and Korea.
Some of his duties and accomplishments include:
- Client services coordination for sales, marketing, training, budget planning, project management, payment reconciliation, communication, and quality assurance.
- Produced various training and compliance manuals for airlines and airports.
- Project Management for the development and design of Computer Based training systems at airports in the US.
- Development of training programs for Airports Council International’s Safety Certificate program and instruction of those courses at their Global Training Hub locations. Courses include: SMS Introduction, SMS Implementation, Airside Safety and Operations, Emergency Response and Crisis Management, Accident and Incident Investigations, Introduction to Annex 14, and Runway Incursion Awareness and Prevention.
- Created specific audit programs for airline operations to facilitate regular inspections by the FAA and TSA.
- Development of skills to train all levels of an airline, including front-line personnel, leadership, executives, and industry partners through continued education and coordination with industry associations, and the FAA, TSA, and other government agencies.
- Designed, coordinated, trained, and implemented safety and security programs including Mishap Investigation, Emergency Response, Behavioral Based Safety, Risk Management, System Safety, Aircraft Search audits, SIDA audits, Internal Self Audit Programs, and Safety Compliance Audits.